Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Inspiring People

Being told someone looks up to you for inspiration and a model for how they want their life to be is a huge compliment. Even when you think no one is around, someone is always watching. People are constantly looking at what you do and how you do it, especially as you get older. If it gets positive light, they'll follow you. They will want to be you. Because of this you have to be careful about what you do and say. If you're on the right path of life and you're not a troublesome child, you won't have much to worry about. 
Recently I was told by a little girl that I babysit for that she looks up to me and adores me. That feeling that I got when I heard those words sent my heart soaring. Not only was I flattered, but I also felt a sense of pride in myself for knowing that I am making a difference in a child's life, even if it's only one child. It doesn't have to be just little kids too, it could be anyone although it does tend to be someone younger than you because to them, you've had more experience in the world. 
Being a role model to kids can be hard work. You shouldn't feel the need to give into them whenever they want something just to keep their approval. If they get mad at you, don't worry it's not the end of the world. You would have to do something so bad that they have a paradigm shift in their mind about you for them to not idealize you. Here are a list of 5 characteristics and qualities that good role models should have. Qualities that were chosen by young teenage girls themselves. They have been proven very helpful in keeping my life on track to help make a difference in even more kids' lives. 
Word Count: 342

No comments:

Post a Comment